Out of Memory Error ?
Out of Memory errors can happen in either the front end or back end. Typically when a user encounters an ´Out of Memory Error´ it is on the front end and this is the fix. A user will run into "Out of Memory Errors"" when trying to create large tables or have a lot of variables in their databaskets.
— Check how much memory the user currently has. —
1. Right click on My Computer -> properties
(on the bottom of the page it should say how much memory "RAM" the system has)
— Find startferrett.bat file. —
2. Open up windows Explorer by right clicking on start -> explorer
3. Open My Computer -> (C:) -> dataferrett
— Edit startferrett.bat file. —
4. Right click on startferrett.bat -> edit (this should open wordpad or notepad).
The file should contain "start java1.3.1\bin\javaw -Djava.security.policy=java.security.policy ......."
5. Add in the following parameters after security.policy
-Xms64M = minimum starting memory
-Xmx128M = maximum starting memory
note: the maximum should not exceed or equal to the total system memory found from step 1.
example "start java1.3.1\bin\javaw
-Djava.security.policy=java.security.policy -Xms64M -Xmx128M -classpath .....
6. Save the file and close wordpad/notepad
7. Restart DataFerrett.